We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. We have eight weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time you may complain to the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within five working days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure and a complaint form for completion and return.
- On receipt of your complaint form we will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client relations partner, Edward Danks, (or if your complaint is about Edward Danks to our deputy client relations partner Fraser Symon) who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Edward Danks will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within twenty working days of his receipt of your complaints form.
- Within five working days of the meeting, Edward Danks will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Edward Danks will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within thirty working days of his receipt of your complaints form.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another partner or the practice manager at the firm to review his decision.
- We will write to you within twenty working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
Third Party Complaints
If you are not a client of this firm but wish to raise a complaint with us we may be restricted by client confidentiality and we may be unable to provide a full response to your complaint. We will still endeavour to respond to you within the timescales set out above.
We would expect to resolve your complaint in a polite and respectful manner. If you have any queries on our complaint handling process, please let us know.