If you need a notarising service that works to your schedule and communicates with you directly, discuss your requirements with our team today.
Whether you are purchasing a property, executing a Will or simply applying for a new job, it can seem as though the legal formalities are endless. Nobody wants to be held up waiting for a countersignature or any other form of verification, especially if matters are time-sensitive.
What is a notary public?
In Scotland, all notaries are also qualified solicitors. A notary public has a practising certificate, issued by the Law Society of Scotland, which authorises them to certify a wide variety of documents.
Do I need a notary?
Notaries play an integral role in Scottish law. There are a variety of instances where you might require a notary, such as:
- You have to swear an oath, submit an affidavit or affirmation, or sign a statutory declaration
- You need authentication of a foreign Will or documents pertaining to the administration of an estate of a person overseas, or someone who owns property abroad
- You are unable to read or sign documents yourself and require a notary to sign on your behalf (known as notarial execution)
- You need authentication for personal documents related to immigration or emigration, or an application to work or wed overseas
- You need documents that are legally valid in a foreign jurisdiction (for example, relating to an overseas property purchase)
- You are applying for permission for children to travel abroad
- You have original documents that you need certified as authentic
The examples above are just some of the diverse functions a notary may carry out.
At Paris Steele, you can rely on us to provide the responsive, conscientious notarising service you need to keep your plans moving forward. Through our meticulous work, exceptional client care and modest fees, we aim to exceed your expectations and ensure that you would choose to work with us whenever you require a notary.
For assistance with any of the matters above, speak with a member of our team today.
Contact Us – Expert Notarising Service in North Berwick and Dunbar, East Lothian
We pride ourselves on designing our notary service around your requirements and resources. To find out more, please contact us online or telephone one of our offices: North Berwick 01620 892138 or Dunbar 01368 862746.