Remortgage your Home East Lothian
Homeowners may decide to remortgage their properties for many reasons, for example, to take advantage of a better deal, to release equity or following a divorce or separation. Remortgaging is a far more straightforward process than buying a house; however, it does come with certain legal requirements that your property lawyers can assist with. View our properties for sale.
At Paris Steele, we offer a simple, fixed price remortgage service with no hidden costs. We understand you need trustworthy legal advice, value for money and regular communication – we are proud to offer you the highest standard of client care and professional expertise. Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
Remortgaging Lawyers in East Lothian
We will guide you through the remortgaging process, carrying out the following tasks on your behalf:
- Obtain your title deeds from your current lenders – your mortgage lender keeps your title deeds as security for the loan. You will usually be charged for requesting access to the document before your mortgage is paid off.
- Examine title on behalf of the new lenders – we will inspect the title deeds to make sure all the details are correct. If your new mortgage lender requests any property searches, for example, to check for environmental issues, we can arrange for these to be done.
- Agree with you a date on which to settle the remortgage.
- Prepare new security documentation for signature.
- Obtain a redemption figure from your existing lender – the redemption figure is the cost for paying your mortgage early. It includes the amount you owe plus any interest and often a charge for early repayment. Our remortgage lawyers communicate with your existing lender to notify them that you intend to pay off the mortgage and they will respond with the redemption statement.
- Complete the remortgage transaction – on completion day, the new lender will transfer the money to us and we will use this to pay off your old mortgage and any fees due. We will then transfer the remaining funds to your bank account. Finally, we will amend the title deeds and register them with the Land Registry.